Frequently Asked Questions
Do you rent boats?
Yes, we rent a variety of watercraft including ski boats, pleasure boats, and tubes.
How much are the rentals?
- Tubes: $30/rental
- Damage waiver: $30/rental
- Customer pays all fuel costs
What are the boat launch rates?
$10 day pass.
What Credit Cards Do You Accept?
We accept all credit cards.
What is required to rent a boat?
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Driver’s license (or some proper form of ID i.e. passport)
- Credit card must match the individual responsible for the rental.
Rules of boat rental operation
- All children 6 years of age and under must wear a life jacket at all times. All passengers must wear life jackets when tubing or while swimming. There are adult universal life jackets under the seats in all boats.
- NEVER tow another boat or be towed by another boat. Call the marina for assistance for you or others. If your boat is having problems, call the marina immediately. DO NOT OPERATE THE BOAT WITH ANY ROPE ENTANGLED IN THE PROP
- Return boat at scheduled time. Failure to do so will result in extra charges and a $150 penalty fee.
- DO NOT drive the boat within 150 feet of shoreline. You will be responsible for damage.
- Keep the tow rope out of the propeller. Up to a $150 fee to replace rope and untangle from prop.
- Stay 150 feet away from all marker buoys in the lake.
- DO NOT drive within 150 feet of other watercraft or any buoy.
- DO NOT swim close to the motor, even when it is not running. Do not allow any horseplay on or near the boat.
- Boats are fuel injected, stop and start in neutral. Ease the boat into gear, let it engage then accelerate.
- There is a “NO WAKE” area at the marina. Go VERY slowly until you reach the marker buoys.
- Kill switch MUST be worn by the driver at all times. This is a state law.
- Do not go past points 9 and 15.
- Make sure the ladder is in the up position when moving. Do not stand when the boat is in motion.
- There is a horn located on the driver’s side dashboard.
- In the event of an emergency there is a throw cushion and a fire extinguisher below the driver’s seat. Immediately call the marina.
- Please leave the boat clean. Carry your trash out with you. There is a minimum of $25 cleaning fee if necessary.
- DO NOT exceed the occupancy stated on your boat. Every head counts. The lake patrol WILL count heads and enforce the law.
- Your boat leaves the marina full. You will be charged for the amount of fuel used.
- There will be a pet fee charge of $25. No exceptions.
- Hideaway Marina will NOT rent any watercraft to anyone appearing to be intoxicated. DO NOT COME TO THE MARINA INTOXICATED!
Can I pay cash for the rental?
Customers are required to pay for their rental via CC now, in full, at the time of booking.
*All credit cards must match the ID of the person responsible for the reservation.
Can we split the payment between multiple people?
We ask that only one person be responsible for the rental itself.
What is the cancellation policy?
There is a $100 cancellation fee regardless of circumstance. The only negotiable topic is rescheduling.
What if I haven’t received my email confirmation?
Please check your spam/junk folder. If you haven’t received your confirmation, please let us know using the Contact Us page.
Are there full day or half day rates for boat rentals?
We offer NO discounts for full or half-day rentals. Each rental is charged by the hour. Each rental is minimum 4 hours.
Are we allowed to switch people out on the dock?
No, due to safety. There is a lot of traffic around our dock. We recommend renting enough capacity for your party.
Do you offer military Discounts?
Yes. A 10% military discount is given if someone in the party shows a military ID.
How early should I arrive for my rental?
We ask you to be here 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled time.
What if I am late for my reservation?
If you are running late, please let us know for scheduling purposes. We cannot guarantee your allotted time if you are late. Please see our cancellation policy above.
What items do you recommend bringing along for our boat rental?
We recommend that you bring your cell phone for emergencies. If music is important to you, we recommend bringing a portable speaker. Our ship store is stocked with drinks, sunscreen, ice, and snacks.
Are life jackets provided with rental? Can we bring our own?
Life jackets are provided with the rental. You are also allowed to bring your own if you wish, and they must be Coast Guard approved. View their regulations on their website by clicking here.
Children 13 and under are required to wear their life jackets the entire time that they are on the boat.
Is fuel included in the boat reservation?
All boats are full of fuel when you depart on your rental. You will be charged only for the fuel you use. We put a hold on your account for estimated fuel charges and then charge your card at the end of your visit once we refuel the tank.
How many people can I have on my boat?
Each boat has a specific maximum capacity. This may not be exceeded at any time. Even an infant counts as 1 person. Safety first! If you violate the law, you could be ticketed.
Is it possible to extend the time on a rental?
Yes, if the rental does not have another reservation behind it. The sooner we know, the better. If you happen to be on the lake, call us to check and see if anyone else has the boat reserved behind you. We will do our best!
What if the weather is bad?
We do not charge a cancellation fee for bad weather. If you return early because of weather, we will pro-rate. We may offer the opportunity to wait until the weather clears depending on other scheduled times.
Do you provide a captain to drive the boat or offer guided tours?
We do not.
Will someone teach me how to operate the boat?
Of course! We go over standard operating procedures and lake rules. We will stay with you until you feel comfortable operating the boat.
Do you have a restroom?
Yes, we have a restroom located near our marina store.
Are pets allowed on the boat?
Yes, with a pet fee of $25. This is a non-refundable fee.
Do you have slips available for rent?
Our nightly slips are $30.00 a night (from 12 to 12).
Do you have overnight trailer storage?
We do not offer that at this time.
Do the boats have covers?
Every boat has a standard Bimini top.
Do you allow grills on the boats?
There are no fires or grills allowed on our boats.
Do the boats have radios?
While the boats do have AM/FM radios, please understand we cannot guarantee our radios to work on the boats. We recommend bringing your phone and portable speaker.
Can I take the watercraft to shore?
No. Lessee is prohibited from taking vessel to shore or land of any kind. Must stay 150 feet from land/shore at all times. Any rental found beached will be charged $100.
Can I fish from the boat?
Yes! However, you will need a state issued fishing license to do so.
Do your boats have anchors?
Yes, we provide anchors on all rentals.
Can we bring food and alcohol?
Yes, food is allowed. Alcohol is also allowed, however, hard liquor and glass bottles of any kind are not allowed. Drivers are not allowed to consume alcohol.
Do you sell bait?
Our ship store has minnows and worms. We also carry artificial bait and fishing supplies.
Is there a place to park my boat trailer?
Yes. You will see boat trailer parking as you drive into the main parking lot of the marina. This is for day use only.
Do you rent SUPs (Stand Up Paddle Boards), paddle boats, or kayaks?
Not at this time.
Store & Dock Address:
1810 Hideaway Road
Galena, MO 65656
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 6pm
Friday: 9am - 7pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 7pm
Also, check us out on Facebook!
IMPORTANT: Upon arrival at the corps park, stop at the guard shack and tell them you are going to the marina store to avoid being charged. If you plan to launch a boat or use the park facilities, then you are subject to a $4 charge.